Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mail Call

Nothing like a package from home to make your day! The fact that it contained a bunch of the usual "junk" mail AND no bills was good.
We both spent about twenty minutes sorting into "toss and keep" piles. As usual, the first pile was much larger than the other. It's pretty amazing that we are both on the no-junk-mail list and still have so much.


The best part of our package was from Larry's sister, Linda, who sent us a DVD of the Cartoon Network's "Bug Bunny Marathon."

Goooood stuff! We really enjoyed it since prime-time tv on our only channel (NBC) is not too great...even when we get a picture with no break-up. I guess we would be happy if we only received signal from TV land.

It was Junior Ranger Day at the ranch on a very windy day. We were supposed to have sun with some clouds and the first hour was pretty good. Unfortunately, the clouds won the battle and took over the entire sky. Dropping temps kept the three rangers and myself trying to find a place out of the wind. I was fortunate enough to be in a somewhat sheltered area. As it was, after five hours, I was ready to be in a warm place and happy to take over in the visitor's center for the rest of my day.
Here are a couple shots of the kids at my tipi (the correct spelling!) station. They were a lot of fun.

I took a couple pics of kids who had put on clothes from our "cowboy trunk," but they didn't come out. I think either my camera or maybe my fingers were frozen!



With that, we come to the END of our blog for today.

Larry thought I should take this picture since the girl was totally oblivious to the entertainment she was providing for everyone at the gas pumps in Missoula. Actually, a video would have been entertaining here. Just imagine the movement involved in cleaning those mats!

No comments:

Post a Comment